How to select the perfect denim jacket.
- Nail the color. The color should be something you’ll want to wear with pretty much anything and everything in your closet.
- Check the shoulders. Unless you’re opting for an oversize fit (which is currently on trend) you’ll want your jacket to fit like a shirt and sit close to your shoulders. However, lift your arms up like you’re driving to make sure the shoulders aren’t too tight.
- Do a hip check. Unless you’re opting for a cropped fit, you’ll want the bottom of your jacket to hit near your hip.
- Button up. Make sure you can button the middle button and your jacket doesn’t become too tight.
How to style your denim jacket.
- Roll the sleeves to create a more relaxed look.
- Pair with anything. (Dress pants, jeans, skirts, shorts, joggers, dresses, leggings, rompers, jumpsuits, etc.)
- Accessorize with a pendant style necklace.
- When in doubt toss it over stripes or a graphic tee.
- Make it your own. Wear it how you feel the most comfortable.