This post is inspired by all the amazing Spring 2020 Fashion seen on the runway. Often runway looks are intimating and not ready-to-wear in REAL life. I’m sharing fun trends heading your way this spring that you can start wearing right now. I’m talking dots, pearls, large scale florals, beige & black, texture mixing, shine, and leather. I found affordable and easy pieces you can add to your existing wardrobe and nail these trends without breaking the bank. Mix and match these items to create all of my ready-to-wear looks.
Items (and similar items) I used to create all of my looks.
Here’s more info about each trend, photos from the runway, my take on the trend, and shopable links to help you recreate each style. Which trend/s are you loving?
- Polka Dots: Black and white polka dots are so much fun. Mix and match with florals and different textures. Many retailers carry this trend. I found cute and affordable options. Scroll down to shop.
2. Pearls – Pearls are everywhere and oh so chic! My adorable pair of earrings are light weight and only $12.99. The cute cropped sweater has the sweetest pearl details. You can wear pearls from head to toe. Just think of them as a 3-D polka dot! 😉
3. Large Floral Print: I envision an old sofa or wallpaper when I think of this trend. Big, bold florals are a great statement piece to add to your spring wardrobe. Grab a blouse or midi-skirt and mix and match with the other trends. My skirt is only $29.99 and comes in several prints. I’m wearing the XS.
4. Beige & Black: Beige, black, and white is such a classic combo. I noticed this trend in many top designs. It’s a color pallet you can easily achieve with many basics you already own. I found some great beige items you can add to your wardrobe to more easily achieve this trend.
5. Texture Mixing: Fashion can be so fun if you’re not afraid to mix it up and play around with patterns, textures, and prints. If you think you know a rule, toss it! This spring, mix pearls, florals, shine, you name it! Keeping a simple color pallet is helpful and allows you to mix and match cohesively.
5. Shine: You don’t have to go head-to-toe shine to achieve this look. Add just a little shine and you’re glam while still comfortable and pulled together. I added shine with faux leather pants, a bedazzled graphic tee, and a metallic mock-neck. I found several other ways to add some shine to a look–all without breaking the bank. Scroll down to shop.
6. Leather: Full leather outfits made their presence known on the runway. If you love a full leather look, go for it! If not, just toss on a faux leather jacket or faux leather pants and you will look edgy chic, but not overly gothic. 😉